Today is the last day of 2013.
“Wow, where did that year go?”
“It went by so fast!”
“January only felt like yesterday!”
And whilst all those things are true, somehow 2013 has also felt longer than previous years. Does that even make sense? In terms of time, it felt quick. But when I think about all the things that happened, it kind of feels long… because how can so many things happen in a ‘quick’ year?
So today, I am posting 5 random things that happened to me this year:
1. I started Dragon Hearted Girl. Finally, all that dormant creativity stored inside of me has somewhere to go! It’s moving slow as I’m still learning but it’s at least moving, right? 🙂
2. I got to fly in a helicopter… in pretty high winds (don’t worry, I wasn’t the pilot!) It was rather enjoyable and I got to see things from a new perspective. Literally!
3. I passed my driving test. This is a big deal for me. Last year, I pretty much wrote off the fact that could ever happen (Me? A girl with no concept of roads and would much prefer to walk anyway?). But I carried on because I wanted to at least try… That and in today’s world, driving is sort of a neccessity. Also, it stopped everyone asking me why I don’t drive and when I’d start to learn. 😛
4. Regarding #3, I realised something. I managed to achieve at something that:
- a) I thought was impossible for me and
- b) I was never too bothered about to begin with.
It got me to thinking… if I could do that, why shouldn’t it be possible to achieve at something I am interested in and really really do want to happen and maybe have a tiny slice of hope within me that it can happen? Like Tohru from Fruits Basket would say: Never give up!
5. I had a dream where I had a pet blue-coloured baby penguin called Blitz. Ever since, I have been on a quest to find this too adorably cute penguin!! Or at least a plushie that looks like him.
I hope you all had some equally fun and random things happen in 2013 too 🙂
Happy New Year to everyone! May your 2014 be truly wonderful! 😀