Another quick scribbly don’t-think-too-much drawing! This one is based on the song Locked Away by R City feat. Adam Levine.
(Can you spot the stray pencil lines?)
My first thought was “wow, this is quite catchy!” swiftly followed by “the chorus sounds like something a villain/anti-hero would sing…”
A few notes about this picture:
- The two shades of purple – as worn by Missy and the Joker – were produced using the same pen! Missy’s purple was made darker by adding strokes of black over the top.
- Apparently purple is all the rage for evil-doers right now.
- The Doctor’s grey trousers uses the same black pen as his shoes… just with sparser lines.
- Missy was the fastest to draw.
- The hardest was the Doctor’s hair… and Missy’s hair actually.
- Harley Quinn’s pose was my favourite to draw.
- Her hair is really cute!
- In retrospect, I could have left the Joker’s lips just red – without black outline.
- I wanted to draw Loki but it felt mean to draw him without somebody on the other side of the bars.
The idea came to me while I was driving home and the song came on the radio. Inspiration can strike any place, any time!
Loveable villains of the fictional universe, this one is for you!